COMMERCIAL SCRAP CHOPPERSMODEL 450 DX
The Model 450 DX is the preferred scrap chopper to tackle high volumes of 3/4” steel banding with clips, plastic banding, light weight wire and other various manufacturing materials. It is also very versatile; this unit can be customized for inline applications requiring tension control and custom scrap lengths, making it an excellent chopper for processing slitter line trim. It features: a wide infeed, which allows for easy feeding of scrap material; one stationary and one rotating knife that produces a standard cut length of about 3 inches; and a 1 HP motor that provides the cutting capacity for chopping through tough materials. This chopper sits on a sturdy stand that moves from area to area on stout caster wheels. Both the stand and hopper are sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Just introduce the material (banding) into the infeed funnel. The feedworks (pinch rolls) will then grab the material and pull it into the rotating knife path. The feedworks will continue to pull at a rate of 120 feet per minute until the material is consumed or the operator releases the feedworks via the release lever.
Standard product features:
- Easy to reach “Feedworks Release” hand lever
- Infeed funnel with “Anti-Kickback” flap
- Knives can be rotated 4 times for extended life
- Lincoln TEFC motor
- Full one year warranty and built in the USA
- Hinged front guard allows for easy routine service
Standard electrical options:
- 1-Phase – 120 volt – 60Hz – 7.6 amps
- 1-Phase – 240 volt – 60Hz – 3.8 amps
- 3-Phase – 230 volt – 60Hz – 3.2 amps
- 3-Phase – 460 volt – 60Hz – 1.6 amps
- Infeed Opening – 3.5” x 1”
- Overall – 39” x 25” x 19”
- Weight – 355 lbs.
|1 HP Electric Motor Power||106 FPM Infeed Speed|
|3” Cut Length||Number of Stationary Knives – 1|
|Number of Rotating Knives – 1|